Our values inform everything we do and are present in all of our work. We are
- Optimistic – We see the positive and ensure our families do too.
- Courageous – We ensure we challenge the norm in everything we do.
- Steadfast – We are trustworthy and devoted to our work.
- Principled – We are clear, open and honest with everyone we work with.
- Enterprising – We are dynamic, resourceful and find innovative solutions to challenges.
- Engaging – We never give up on our families and are committed to created lasting change.
When our founders Gordon and Lyn Lee took their musical drama projects in to schools back in 1991 and encouraged young people to relate to the story to express their worries and fears, they did not know what they were starting. They found that this innovative approach gave young people a voice and crucially, made sure they were heard. With a model that worked but much more advocacy work for children needed, Malachi was born.
This early intervention model has been central to Malachi’s ethos ever since. Fast-forward 23 years to 2014, with thousands of families having benefitted from Malachi family support, Gordon was awarded an OBE for his services to children.
Through clear values and a refined model delivered through multiple services, our commitment to supporting young people and their families remains unwavering. Malachi’s signature therapeutic interventions ensures young people are heard, families have a voice and schools have the support to prosper.